Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jinxed myself.... More meds!

Well, I posted too soon about getting back down to relatively "normal" meds! Anita called today and my hormone levels have dropped quite a bit, despite increasing the doses on Tuesday night. Tonight, we increase the estrogen in our injection, continue our progesterone tabs, AND start 4 capsules of Progesterone per day! We found out back in March that I had a Luteal Phase Deficiency, which is a insufficiency of progesterone during the luteal phase of our cycle. (Progesterone builds a lining that makes the embryo "stick.") So, Iguess this isn't much of a surprise...

Sigh.....so much for the 1 day "pill" break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the defect I have too.... What's a few more shots???? Hang in there.

Leslee

Dinah said...

Progesterone always made me drowsy. Maybe your deficiency is why you can get up to round at 5am while the rest of us are still in REM??

Adam and Loucinda Sawinski said...

It's making me dizzy and drowsy as well, though I'm on enough of it for a horse! I don't round that early no btw... Generally I wake up (naturally without an alarm) around 6:00-6:30am.

I am SOOOOO sick of the shots. My hips are super sore...

Samantha said...

Awww Cinda I hope the needle torture ends soon for you. You guys are gonna make such great parents, the outcome is so worth it and you are almost at the finish line. Prayers are still going up for you both