Thursday, July 7, 2011

BFN

Today was our official beta-HCG test to determine whether our cycle worked or not. Adam and I home-tested several times this week and all were negative, so I had a bad feeling. Frankly, I never felt "great" that things worked anyway. (I felt like things went as well as they could, but didn't have a good feeling about the success of the cycle.)

In short, we are NOT pregnant...the IVF cycle failed. Sometime in the next couple of weeks, Adam and I will head to Nashville to hear from Dr. Vasquez why he thinks the cycle failed, what could be changed for the next cycle, and whether or not another cycle is in our best interest. From there, Adam and I will decide what's best for us and our families. Frankly, we will likely go through the process again, but will wait a couple of months.

On a positive note, my red, swollen, hot hips (from the injections) will now get a chance to heal and I can begin to feel more like myself...and less "hormonal." I'm looking forward to being a wife again who doesn't require 9 extra pills and a nightly shot!

Thank you for all of your calls, texts, and emails today. We appreciate them all! Our only request is that you please hold your questions for now. The questions being asked are ones that we don't know the answers to yet...and may not for several weeks. Again, thanks!

And by-the-way...BFN means "Big Fat Negative!" It and it's counterpart BFP (the happy acryonym) are common IVF lingo. Amazing what you learn from this process...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
- Leeanne Lane

Samantha said...

So sorry to hear that, will continue to pray for both of you.

Joy I said...

Cinda and Adam---thinking of you and wish you some good news before to long..Love Ya!

Rebekah said...

Cinda, I've been thinking of you and Adam almost daily. Sorry to hear this news. Hoping and praying for a POSITIVE in a couple of months! Enjoy those 34 y/o hips, girl! ;)

Beth Ingram Webb said...

You posted this so well. Please don't give up ! God has something in store for you two : ) And by the way ........... I do look like a 90 year old with hip whatever you said it was ! I actually turned 50 last year , but have the body of a 90 yr old !!!!

Beth Ingram Webb

Anonymous said...

Cinda,
I'm sorry to hear that the first cycle didn't work. I hope you get to reeling better physically and emotionally. Maybe then you can gear up for another attempt that will hopefully be successful! I'm saying extra prayers for you both.

Terri