Thursday, January 31, 2008

Congratulations to Me!!!

Minutes Before the Boards...
Breakfast of Champions Irving, TX view from Hotel Window
Another view including the Cowboy's Stadium

I am now officially a Board Certified General Surgeon!!! For those who didn't know, I flew to Dallas on Sunday morning to take my boards on Monday morning at 7:00 am (that's 5 am Vegas time). Basically we all got a "briefing," and then preceded to our exams. I was in the first group, so my 3 rooms were at 8, 8:30, and 9:00. I got up early, had a very expensive breakfast consisting of hot tea, a bagel, and juice (the hotel's restaurants were just as high as room service and I didn't want to risk spilling something on my suit), and went for my exam. Each room had 2 surgeons and lasted 30 minutes. I got through 4 scenarios in each room, which is a little more than average. (I dont' putz around...) I somehow survived things and found out this morning that I passed! I'm now certified for the next 10 years! Thanks to those who sent prayers and encouragement along my way!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear this! Congratulations!
--Leslee

Anonymous said...

I wasn't worried at all. I knew you would pass!! Congradulations!! It's been a long way/time BABY !! LOVE ALWAYS, Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well done.

-sarah